Cimatics presents
A MASTERCLASS FOR LIVE AUDIOVISUAL ART
Cimatics, Brussels International Platform for Live A/V, presents a Masterclass Live Audiovisual Art, within the framework of the studio-program Experimental Media-art provided by the VAF (the Flemish Audiovisual Fund).
Because the biggest merit of live A/V is its cross-border and cross-disciplinary character the masterclass will challenge its participants to do just that: collaborate.
THIS BLOG WILL BE PRINTED AND PUBLISHED AS A BOOK

The goal of this blog is to generate an open-source effect: opening up the discussions from within the masterclass to the rest of the world. Let this be a call for everyone to participate and join or start a debate.
 
Eventually, this blog will be printed as a book. An additional DVD with the open-source versions (Creative Commons license) of the participants masterclass-projects will be available afterwards. So if you post something to this blog, you are co-authoring the book.

POST HERE

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

headphones

This is excerpt from email to people in Flat Corner. I just thought it could be interesting also for other people.

As inspiration for sound... you remember the idea of different headphones with different messages... today I experienced a performance which was totally based on that and it was very effective. Lundahl&Seitl (they don't have a good site right now.. but here info from the stage they performed http://www.weld.se/program/lundahl-seitl-5-12-april/eng/ ) Further it most of the time took place in a pitch dark room... I couldn't help thinking about Filip's horse..

The sound/voice was giving us instructions individually and specially the transition from the ordinary room to the other world was fantastic.

We were sitting in a room and got informed that we would get headphones. Some time passed and then the headphones arrived. Quite soon after you had the headphones on, people next to you were rising and leaving the room. I was told to stay. By coincidence I was the last of 7 people to leave the room and it was amazing to see the others. I was told exactly where to go and it was kind of surreal experience that it was so exact, like somebody actually watched over me..

In the space they were playing with quite simple but effective parameters of time and out of body experiences. Simply by connecting actions that I was told to do and maybe 10 minutes later somebody did the same thing to me, the voice suggesting me that it was me 10 minutes ago (it was simple things like holding somebody's hand, lying down on the floor etc. but very precisely done). I liked it. Also with the darkness, they did simple things like having a girl lying on the floor, and few seconds later when there was light again, an old man appeared for the first time. Either than these two actors, there were 3 more people involved in creating the feeling of you being touched by yourself or someone. Also one thing I really liked was that when the girl was lying down on the ground I was told to hold her hand. A bit later to let go slowly and imagine her hand floating up. Her hand floated up. So simple but in the moment believable.

So yes! I vote for sometime in the future headphones for flat corner audience. It will be amazing. And just imagine actually being touched by someone with your face.. You look at yourself in a mirror, and from behind somebody comes that look just like you, or almost. Or like you 10 minutes ago... or like you but older (and then you feel the smell of a horse;-)

Kiss Lotta

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like to listen music every time, I usually wear my headphone. Actually, I want a house close to the camp and listen loud music, that’s why I think costa rica investment opportunities is a great option for me and for another ones.

Partners: