Cimatics presents
A MASTERCLASS FOR LIVE AUDIOVISUAL ART
Cimatics, Brussels International Platform for Live A/V, presents a Masterclass Live Audiovisual Art, within the framework of the studio-program Experimental Media-art provided by the VAF (the Flemish Audiovisual Fund).
Because the biggest merit of live A/V is its cross-border and cross-disciplinary character the masterclass will challenge its participants to do just that: collaborate.
THIS BLOG WILL BE PRINTED AND PUBLISHED AS A BOOK

The goal of this blog is to generate an open-source effect: opening up the discussions from within the masterclass to the rest of the world. Let this be a call for everyone to participate and join or start a debate.
 
Eventually, this blog will be printed as a book. An additional DVD with the open-source versions (Creative Commons license) of the participants masterclass-projects will be available afterwards. So if you post something to this blog, you are co-authoring the book.

POST HERE

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Hello everyone,


This blog is the perfect environment/space for not forgetting all the interesting stuff we are hearing or learning from the artists/theoreticans who have given workshops.
The workshops often have a heavy 'weight': we get so much different input (wich is positive), we learn new and get to see many things (also from each other), that it's sometimes very difficult to find some kind of a structure in it.
That's why I felt this certain need to just write some things that kept hanging in my memory-space since the last two Masterclass weeks, by using this blog.
I know we have to make plans for our projects and all that, but I often like to press the pause-bar to 'stop and see and/or goïng into the past' instead of the future.
This brings me to my idea >> rewind <<: STOP and/or go to the past, using your memory-space, find a structure and put it on the blog.

I'll use this method in something I found amazing.

First recollection: As I stop and I go back in time, I remember, and I try to visualize the past workshops, there's something that sticks somewhere in my head: a detail of a work of Marius Watz. On http://youtube.com/watch?v=vjdrlmYKh40 you will see the work am referring to. But the thing you won't see because of the bad resolution of the movie, is the thing I will talk about. When a certain soundfrequency was added by Marius, the circles of his work started to get bigger to a point where you were almost 'in the circles'. What I liked about this but was not the intention of his work I guess was the texture you saw on the edges of the circles; you could amost feel or touch the circle because of it's texture. But then, when the frequency got lower the circles got smaller and the texture flowed away.

This simple structure brings me to the simple conclusion that I feel greath with the idea of almost-touching/feeling a pure virtual moving image... So maybe these last words could be a project proposal.
I personally think that it's very interesting to start from an abstract level like this in creating ideas for a project. So I freely invite you all to make use of this pause-button by using this blog. From there on things might automatically grow in maybe a more philosophical direction but still open practical guides.


No comments:

Partners: